Flow Spare Parts and Extras Entrance Reducer
The Flow Entrance Reducer is handy for protecting your colony against predators and robbing, especially when they are getting established, or for reducing drafts in cold climates and can be used to seal the hive entrance for short periods when relocating your hive.
How to use your Entrance Reducer
Entrance Reducers are designed to narrow the entry point of the hive. This can be useful for protecting your hive against predators or robbing colonies, as this allows the guard bees to more effectively control who enters the hive.
They can also be helpful in cold climates for reducing drafts and snow from entering the hive throughout the cooler months.
Designed with two functions:
- As an entrance reducer – with entry point facing down, covering the hive opening on the landing board.
- As an entrance seal – with the entry point facing up, achieving a completely closed surface which prevents entry or exit from the hive. This feature is useful when moving your hive or sealing the hive to apply external treatments.
Note: If moving your hive, use the extra holes provided to screw the entrance reducer firmly in place to avoid the risk of movement. It is important to only seal your hive for short periods of time to avoid overheating and stress to your colony.
New to beekeeping and not sure where to start?
Beekeeping is such a fascinating pastime enjoyed the world over by people from all walks of life.
Learning about looking after your bees is a fascinating and truly rewarding experience. They are amazing little creatures!
We love welcoming new beekeepers worldwide into the Flow family and have a swarm of resources to assist you in your journey.
Included with the purchase of any of our Flow products is support from our knowledgeable Flow team via:
A handy interactive guide explaining the fundamentals of beekeeping.
Weather permitting, the Flow team host weekly Facebook Live events.
Have Flow product questions? We’re here to help, and operate during Australian business hours, Monday to Friday.
- Email - Our friendly support staff will get back to you ASAP
- Phone - Kick back and have a good old chat with Trace
- Live chat - Get fast answers to your buzzing questions
Official Flow answers to frequently asked questions.
Ask general questions regarding beekeeping, and have them answered by the worldwide Flow community – or read through different topics to find your answer!